The Feldenkrais Method® is named after its originator, Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais, D.Sc. (1904-1984) [about], a Russian born physicist, judo expert, mechanical engineer and educator. The Feldenkrais Method® is a form of somatic education that uses gentle movement and directed attention to improve movement and enhance human functioning. Through this Method, you can increase your ease and range of motion, improve your flexibility and coordination, and rediscover your innate capacity for graceful, efficient movement. These improvements will often generalize to enhance functioning in other aspects of your life. The Feldenkrais Method is based on principles of physics, biomechanics and an empirical understanding of learning and human development. In the group classes, called Awareness Through Movement®, Students become more aware of their habitual neuromuscular patterns and rigidities and expand options for new ways of moving. By increasing sensitivity the Feldenkrais Method assists you to live your life more fully, efficiently and comfortably.
What can you expect from attending Awareness Through Movement® lessons?
- Improved Flexibility
- Doing movements with more ease and efficiency
- Increased endurance and performance
- Reduced Stress
- Enhanced ease and range of motion
- Less pain–related movements
- Better posture and coordination
- Enhanced performance for actors, musicians and dancers
- Increased learning ability and creativity
- Experience relaxation, and feel more centered and balanced
Mondays at noon, plus monthly weekend workshops! check our Calendar page or join our email list for info.
Read about the teacher Uwe Mester